My Journey To South Coast : New Year On Alun-alun Selatan Jogjakarta



Nothing is more fun than a vacation, so when the new year comes and there is an opportunity 2 days holiday, why not?
Before this I would rather spend New Year's Eve by watching Hollywood movies released Trans TV, a boring life right? Fortunately this year I had a chance out of the house, out of town, out of province to be exact. The main purpose of my vacation this time was Jogjakarta.






























At the suggestion of my friend who lives in Yogyakarta, the three of us agreed to go to the Alun-alun Selatan Jogja. Alun-alun Utara used to the night market, food vendors, rides games, and others. Because the traffic is very bad we parked motorcycle in Alun-alun utara and walking distance to the alun-alun selatan.





























We arrived at 22:30 is still a long time and nothing could be done, so we just sat around drinking "sekoteng", drinks with strange names and strange feeling well. Around 23:45 am all of a sudden people started honking the horn, blow up firecrackers and fireworks, and rang the motorcycle engine sound. And exactly at midnight all the fireworks had gone, weird.





























I tried a little experiment with setting the camera to Burst Mode. Unfortunately my camera refused to take pictures in burst mode, there is only one photo which I thought very strange, the effect of light?

I think for next year must have a commanding mass, as you see in the video most people shoot firecrackers and fireworks before at 00.00. Also in the banyan tree lights should also be turned off so we could see more clearly the fireworks.





























Before going home we decided to take pictures at the bottom of this Clock, if you ask what's so special about this clock, I would answer, do not know, hahaha ..... just to satisfy my desire to take a picture.

Happy New Year 2011

Comments

Popular Posts